Saturday 28 January 2012

10 reasons why I'll always be a perth girl...

  1. The beautiful beaches - clear skies, blue waters and white sand - which are only about a 20 to 30 minute drive away from my home.
  2. The gorgeous sunsets that turn the sky purpley orange.
  3. The ridiculously clean, fresh air that I get to wake up and breathe every single day.
  4. The wide open spaces - so many parks and fields EVERYWHERE. I always remember as a girl running down to the local park with my sis and neighbour kids playing on the swings or running around the oval making up silly games.
  5. The random little gems of shops and cafes that you can find tucked away across Perth, each with their own uniqueness and flavour.
  6. How friendly everyone is - every time I bring my gorgeous meggy for a walk I am greeted by other dog owners, joggers, families etc. who are out and about too.
  7. How laid back everything and everyone is - I love how most people finish work at 5 and get to go home, relax and spend time with those they love best.
  8. How close everything is. Nowhere - city, airport, beach, shops etc - is really further than a half an hour drive away.
  9. How quiet the city is. I love how still the streets are after 9pm with barely a car in sight because most people are tucked away in their homes with loved ones.
  10. The fact that Perth is my HOME - the place I grew up, where I built sandcastles by the beach, went to school, spent my uni days, met some of the most amazing friends a person could ask for and most importantly met my mister, fell in love and got married.
Perth, you've stolen my heart and I will always be yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment